Monday, April 11, 2016

Ad-heavily sticking to My Life

I may be a little young to say this phrase, but here I go....
BACK IN MY DAY...that's right.... back in my day there weren't ads on YouTube. I remember when YouTube first popped its beautifully addictive head out of the corners of the Internet. I was young and when I was bored I would take to YouTube. As it grew more popular so did those posting on the Internet and once YouTube became popular it began. I will never forget the first time I had to WAIT to watch my video. I was young, in high school, and Google/the wonders of the Internet had made me very impatient!
I stared dumb founded at what was happening in front of me. I wasn't wasting my time watching TV, I was on YouTube. I shouldn't have to deal with commercials or ads. This was an abomination! But now they are common and they are everywhere.
Why rant about this?
Well, back in my day YouTube and some other internet fanominon was just a place to go to blow of steam. Now every web page (YouTube, Google, blogs, the list goes on) is now a business. It's just one more way that work finds its way into my home and into my life.
I certainly don't mean to knock those who make their living being a "YouTube sensation." But, to me, it's just a shame that I can't escape to the Internet without getting pitch-slapped.
Memes.com

1 comment:

  1. Ah! You said it! I HATE ADS. Youtube obviously needs the ads to generate revenue for themselves. It is very difficult to find any website that doesn't feature ads in some way. I am currently in the process of developing a website and I have been forced to look into what kind of people would want to feature ads on my website. It is a sad truth but it has to happen that way.

    ReplyDelete